Thursday, May 29, 2014

Poor Timing

So I was all gung-ho about doing the detox and then life happened and I never did get started....that being said, however, I have diligently aware of what I have been eating and sticking to eating relatively clean, I just have not been doing the detox as of yet.

So, what has kept me so incredibly busy you ask?

Busy Excuse #1:  Ballet Recital!!


Since the recital was on Sunday, this meant we had regular class on Thursday, rehearsal on Friday, dress rehearsal Sunday morning, pictures Sunday day, and then the actual recital at night.  


We did quite an amazing job I think and I am so excited to get our video to see how we did in the eyes of others.  All I can say is that I was a bit in tears prior to and after the dance, not from nerves or sadness, but of joy.  I accomplished something that scared me shitless.  I dressed up in a leotard, tights, and a tutu and danced my 240lbs frame across that stage.  I was not only proud of me, but also all of the gorgeous women in my class!  All different levels of ballet and dance and all came at it with dedication, commitment, and grace.  I am so excited for next year!!  I am actually going to take ballet again, but I am also going to enroll in the modern dance class to get even more experience.


Busy Excuse #2: My sister had her baby!!


Cori and newly arrived, Nolan James, made it home safely last Wednesday and we were all there to welcome him to the family.  If you haven't seen this video of his sister welcome him to the family yet, you definitely need to!





So, needless to say I have been bopping back and forth to their house and mine to see Mr. Nolan as he won't stay little for long!



Busy Excuse #3: IT'S FINALLY SUPER NICE OUTSIDE!!!

This means I have taken to the streets with my bike!  That's right, I am not about to waste this beautiful weather by sitting inside (all the time, anyway).  Yesterday, Ryan and I even picked up some stellar helmets which I am soooo pumped about....and I find that these ones are cuter and maybe will set the expectation for drivers that I am not a speed racer, but rather someone that likes to cruise along (plus it came with a cardboard squirrel!!).  I feel the traditional bike helmets may set a higher expectation for speed....



But seriously, if you are ever in the need of bike equipment, head over to Woodcock Cycle on St. Mary's Rd.  They were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and they are local!!  I will also use this excuse to remind everyone else to get their full intake of water now that the weather is heating up!!  Stay hydrated to stay cool.

Busy Excuse #4: I have been shooting a lot lately, helping out other photographers and just utilizing this beautiful weather we have been having.  With shooting comes editing and that is a massive time eater for me.  I am also getting back into daily(ish) self portraits so that is keeping my pretty busy as well. 





All of these excuses have taken place within the span of 1 week, which is crazy to think.  That being said, however, the summer is only just starting to ramp up and I best prepare myself for the craziness that is yet to come (hello, August with 4 weddings and living in Swan River!)  In 2 days I leave for a 10 day trip to BC/Seattle to become more knowledgeable in the ways of the blog, get my boudoir photos done, and meet up with some friends I made while at Creative Live in January!  It will be a ton of fun!  So at this point I am postponing my detox until I am back from my trip at which time I will be more than ready for it!  Enjoy the lovely weather!!




No comments:

Post a Comment