Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Never Ending Battle (s)

Any effort to change your lifestyle regardless of what the goal it is difficult.  You are always fighting against your old habits, cravings, and lifestyle because it has become what you know as "comfortable" even though it is not the best.  This is something that I myself, have been dealing with this week.  I have yet to go back to the gym, but have been sleeping in, saying it's too cold, keeping "busy" (I am pretty sure Facebook does not count), and not doing myself justice.  The fact that I am writing this post write now is to help motivate me to go to the gym today and while it will not be this morning (slept in and am going to my mummy's is my excuse) I WILL go at some point today...feel free to hold me accountable.

(I even neglected to post my mantra monday yesterday...ahhhh!! this winter is getting to me)

Speaking of never ending battles, however, I stumbled across this amazing article that someone had posted which shows 2 twins attempting weight loss through 2 very popular ideas: sugar VS. fat and see what the outcome was.  While the post is kind of wordy, it is extremely interesting.  My favorite quote from the article is:
"We interviewed some amazing scientists who showed us that a combination of fat and sugar (such as in milk chocolate or ice cream) has a similar effect on your brain to cocaine."
WHAT?  That is crazy, especially since that I have been so good to get through my life without the help of drugs...well, apparently traditional drugs.

The twins are 35 and 'both gluttons' so they 'have to pay some serious attention' to expanding waistlines  

Anyhow, that was a great dose of information for my morning and makes a lot of sense.  So....like we all know, everything in moderation ;)
In other news, last night my brother came into the city so we spent the evening pouring over our old photo albums at my mom's house and we came across some real beauts.  We joked about my Halloween costumes always being designed to fit around my ample body.  I was a bucket of chicken, a rabbit in a hat, a Pepsi can, and a bucket of popcorn....I believe that 3 out of 4 of those speak loudly to what caused my "condition" as a child.  The word my brother described me as in the picture below is "defeated."  I think he may be right....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment