Monday, January 20, 2014

Mantra Monday (and getting back into the game!)

Today was my first day back at the gym since getting home from my Kindersley, Regina, Seattle trip and I have to say it was both surprising and delightful!  I still have a bit of a cough, so I kept the cardio to a minimum (shucks, right?) but I did do my biceps and back workout today and it felt good to be moving again!  I've also increased my weights and amount of sets and this shocked me, because I was feeling not so strong since my time away from the gym.  The rest probably did my body good!  I chose this mantra for today because of that....I think a lot of times I want things to hurry up or if I don't see results immediately I feel the urge to do things on my own instead of just "going with the flow."


As for what I ate the last few days I had been doing pretty good up until yesterday.  I helped Cori with the Wedding show, and therefore was surrounded by cakes, cookies, and candies in addition to inconsistent eating.  So that was neat.  After that, we went to my mom's for dinner but didn't get there until about 7:30 and didn't eat until 8:00 at which time we consumed delicious burgers with cheese and bacon and onion rings.  For dessert, there was peach cobbler and frozen yogurt.  Needless to say, I was excited to get to the gym after that kind of eating haha!

(This is me being excited)

Today, however, I consumed a delightful salad, rice cakes with peanut butter and a banana, some hummus and sweet potato chips and lots of water.  I also made this amazing wrap the other day that consisted of eggs, turkey bacon, light mayonnaise, and a toasted whole wheat wrap.  So good.



Just when you think your day is going bad...just remember, you could be Tyson:


And if you are Tyson, well, AWWWWW!  
Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment