Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Give It A Rest

Is literally what I have been doing for the last few days since I got home.  As soon as my course was over, my bronchitis went full force (I think it was because I held my cough in for the 3 days while we were filming.)  There is nothing I hate more (except for mushrooms....I really hate those) than doing nothing and resting is something that I have had to do.  Even then, my idea of resting still consisted of editing images on the computer, but little to no activity.  This means that I have not been to the gym in over a week or so and I feel smushy already.  It is probably in my mind, but I can't help but feel everything I worked for disappearing a little bit every day.  No fear, however, at least I am home and capable of eating healthy whilst I am "resting."



I must confess, during my trip to Seattle I ate less than prime as I was in a studio where they pump you full of sugar and caffeine so your energy stays high throughout the whole day.  I consumed M&Ms, cookies, chocolates, and delicious food.  Then there was pizza and drinks for dinner, chicken fingers, quesadillas and 2 days of sweet potato fries.  Overall, not great.  However, I have come to terms with my not so healthy weekend and am back on track!



 I did, however, indulge in some really healthy teas to keep my cough at bay, and I appreciated that all my tea tags had beautiful things to say.  It made me want to drink more...and I am going to see if I can track down some Good Earth tea:



Last night, we enjoyed green beans with walnuts and honey lemon grilled salmon.  Tonight featured lettuce wraps with ground turkey breast, shaved carrots, cashews, cumin, and cilantro.  They were absolutely delicious!





My original reason for writing this post was because 1)I didn't want to face what I had done and not done over the weekend and 2)I am bored of "resting" hahaha!  I wanted to also talk about the importance of resting the body when it truly requires it.   I actually googled whether or not I should be exercising while sick (even though I knew the answer...but this way I had "proof").  I found this website actually quite informative and was happy to see that certain symptoms actually suggest TO exercise to help get rid of it.  So, next time you have a tiny head cold, don't use it as an excuse to put off your workout.  Now, I just have to get over my fear of using saline spray....seriously, why can't it be in a little eye dropper instead of an aerosol situation?  Anyhow, I will look forward to getting back to exercising, as tomorrow I have ballet, so I certainly hope that my cough is gone.  There is nothing graceful about hacking my way across the dance floor.








No comments:

Post a Comment