Monday, November 11, 2013

Running for a Cause

The only cause I am running for is to make sure I can out run someone else for when the zombie apocalypse inevitably happens.  I finished off my week at the gym on Friday and then took the weekend off from purposeful exercise, but it was still always in the back of my mind, so I parked further away, went up and down the stairs more, and even got Cori & Jeff to do the ab challenge at mom's house at family dinner.

I wasn't sure if the gym was going to be open today due to it being Remembrance Day but I still wanted to get up early and make sure that I did something, so I headed out in the frigid cold and ran around my area for 45 minutes.  I am usually not a fan of running...ever...and definitely not in the cold, but it did feel good to get out and get it over with.  Now I know I will be able to get up early tomorrow and go to the gym because I am keeping the ritual going!  

On Saturday night I whipped up a lovely flat bread with mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil and a ricotta spread on a homemade whole wheat crust.  It was extremely delicious and fresh tasting!  More importantly it was easy to make which I appreciate!
 Last night I went to mom's house for dinner and it was delicious! I played with the babies for a bit and consumed something called apple pie with whipped cream which may or may not, have set back the nutrition a smidge.  But damn, was it nummy!
I also participated in the consumption of toasted coconut ice cream today.  Sigh.  No more.  Stupid sugar cravings.  But good news!  I have been reading this book called Kitchen Cures Revolutionize Your Health with Foods that Heal and I had mentioned earlier but didn't go into much detail, but I have to say it is an awesome book if you love science and the science of nutrition.


Obviously the PMS monster is hitting due to the sugar cravings and yesterday I was ready to rage on anything and everything.  Poor Ryan.  First thing I did was grab this book, look up mood enhancing, and found this delicious smoothie.  I made it (just didn't include mesquite pod meal), drank it quickly and was feeling better within 30 minutes.  It was great :D I also did some deep breathing exercises to help calm me down.  There is a picture of the recipe below:

If you have a hard time reading the recipe let me know and I can send it in the form of an email or what not.
 Some other cool things I learned about was that passionflower oil helps with sleeping, so the other night I put a tsp into both mine and Ryan's tea and I had the deepest sleep ever.  I don't even remember my dreams and normally I have ridiculously vivid ones which we laugh about in the morning.  So yah, if you are having trouble sleeping give it a try.  I got the oil version at the health food store in Osborne.
Tonight as well, I am going to a full head to toe body regime from the book to help my skin and hair feel its best!  A few of the things I am going to try are the following:

Blemish Busting Face Mask
So good I Could Eat You Whipped Body Butter
Hydrating Cleanser
Sweet N' Spicy Lip Scrub
Honey Do Lip Balm


Lastly, I will be having a delightful bath and add a few drops of olive oil to the bath to soften the skin.  Sometimes its fun to play with beauty regimes.  Top that off with a cup of green tea with lemon and a salmon dinner with pearl barley and I will be in top top shape for the gym and naturopath tomorrow. Oh yah, my follow up appointment regarding my spit tests occur tomorrow so we should see what happened with those!  On that note, I'm off to prep my supper!
Date: Nov 11, 2013!
Current weight: 238
Goal for the day: running
What is your plan for food today? 
                                                    breakfast bar       
                                    bison burger wrap  with sprouts, roasted red peppers, fresh dill and feta            
                                     toasted coconut ice cream (sad face)\
                                     salmon and pearl barley
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)





No comments:

Post a Comment