Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stupid Chocolate

So, my sign hasn't been working the last few days :(  and I have eaten lots of chocolates, sob sob.  The more I eat, the more I want.  Alas, I am making Ryan take them to work so they are not in the house with me! 

In other, slightly better news, I have gotten back to cooking! Yes!  As well, I cleaned our whole first floor of the house which, if you have ever seen it in its original state, would know that this is quite a feat. 
                                          House clean? Internet Down?
The reason why I bring this up is because I believe that a clean home is just good for the soul.  I am the type of person to just let things spiral out of control due to my procrastination behavior and since I moved in with Ryan, his house was a typical bachelor house and I just piled my mess on top of his mess and we have pretty much been coping with that since March.  Due in part to the fact that I have been busy, bopping off from one place to the next, but more in part due to my need to do things that are much more fun!  That being said, I had had enough of living in what looked like a hoarder's house and finally set aside a whole day and got EVERYTHING cleaned and picked up.  Now I am like the house nazi, wherein if someone *ahem, Ryan ahem* leaves a plate in the living room, or a cup on his desk or clothes on the floor I will literally flip out.  But once I saw this place looking like a normal housing unit, I want to make sure it stays like this as long as possible.

BEFORE

AFTER

I have no excuse for the first picture.  I have no children, not even ones that come to visit (probably just as well, there were so many small bits on the floor that it would definitely be a choking hazard)  I was excited to see the floor again and be able to vacuum.  Yes, I literally got excited about the ability to vacuum.  No, I will not come to your house to do it.  
But when my house was a true mess I was feeling claustrophobic, in a tight space and frustrated because I didn't even know where to start.  As soon as I took the time to clean the whole place in one shot I could breathe again.  I didn't mind walking through the front door to the home.  It makes a difference with the balance in my life.  Plus, it is probably healthier..the amount of dust on things, YIKES!
Anyhow, enough about my house cleaning adventures, let us move on to cooking as I have 2 stellar recipes for you!  First, last night I cooked up Apple Stuffed Chicken Breasts which were basically like a combination of chicken + apple pie!  You can find the recipe here.

 Because my tray of chicken was 8 breasts, but there is only Ryan and myself and I neglected to separate it before it was frozen, so I unthawed it all together and needed to cook it up.  So, the second 4-some of chicken that I made was honey balsamic chicken, which smelled great, but is for supper tonight!  I like to peruse SparkPeople for healthy recipes and it is a great support system for weight loss or health matters in general.  There is a food tracker, so you can put your daily food intake in and see how many calories you are consuming and where they come from!  There is also an app for your phone that makes it easier!
  So, yes, as far as progress is concerned, I am still working my way backwards from our trip which kind of sucks and for that reason, I am a little concerned about our 3 week trip coming up in November.  I plan to walk a ton and workout if I can.  But the food...oooooh, the food.

Date: October 30, 2013!
Current weight: 240
Goal for the day: walking walking walking ballet practice
What is your plan for food today? 
ryall pizza at pizzeria gusto
chocolates :(
chicken and salad for supper!
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

No comments:

Post a Comment