Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 54: I have survived for 30 years

Yay me (and my parents)!  I celebrated my 30th birthday on Monday and what a truly incredible thing that is.  I was up in Swan River for the not-so-momentous occasion so I spent the day literally doing what I love: hanging out with my niece, enjoying nature, doing photographs, and chilling with the family.  I went to bed at 9pm that night.  Welcome to 30! 



But seriously, I don't get the hype over the 30-panic.  To be honest, I am happy that I am out of that confusing time period called my 20s and God help me if I ever find myself in some of the situations I got myself into then.  Seriously, I feel that my 20s were all about me (which is okay!) but more about me trying to FIND me and thus, getting lost in a sea of other people.  Weird how that works, right?  You spend X amount of years trying to be other people in an effort to find yourself...what the heck?  (these are the wise words of a 30 year old...listen up, young 'uns.)



I know a lot of people equate turning 30 to death (or near to anyhow) but I truly feel accomplished that I have A) survived this long!  and B)achieved what I have wanted to achieve by now.  Woot woot!  I was also tallying it up today, I think I have shot 30 weddings by the time I turned 30...how cool is that? :D  Timing is impeccable I think. 
Here is a fun exercise to do.  Look back 10 years from where you are right now.  For me, that would be 20 years old.  Now list all of your accomplishments for the past 10 years:

1)Move to Korea to teach English.
2)Got a black belt in Kuk Sool won
3)Lost 90 lbs
4)Won a gold medal at World championships
5)wrote and published my first book
6)Survived and grieved the passing of my father
7)Managed to make 6 figures
8)Became one of the top sales person for a weight loss company (ironic, right?) (and as a result had the opportunity to do yoga with Ellen's yoga instructor!)
9)Traveled to countless places
10)Started my own photography company
11)Bought my first car over $2000 (and I love her ever so much!)
12)Moved to Scotland and escaped (a story for another time!)
13)Evaded Interpol
14)Bought my first house
15)Sold my first house
16)Quit a "respectable" job to indulge in my life long joy of photography
17)Been published a few times on blogs, in print, etc.
18)Witnessed my nieces and nephews being born
19)Have moved into an amazing apartment
20)Moved out of amazing apartment and into an amazing relationship
21)Successfully started my own vintage clothing store
22)Took ballet








(I found this while I was looking for pictures.  Another achievement: Supper with Drew from Degrassi!!  I didn't know who he was at the time :P EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!)

And these are just the top 22ish that I can think of off the top of my head.  It may sound like you are bragging or being boastful about your accomplishments, but it is amazing to see where you have come from or all the things that you have pushed yourself to learn in the last 10 years.  As you start thinking you will keep adding things in.  I think it is important to appreciate everything that you have done in your life and even if you might not think that it was "special" someone else may find it quite inspiring. 


A wise person once said, "Just think!  You beat out 4,999,999 other sperm to be the person you are today.  I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty special.  What makes you better than 4,999,999 other possible people?" (Jesh de Roux said this at our workshop last week :D So awesome)
But it's true!  Obviously you were stronger, faster, and more persistent than the other lazy oafs, so why stop there??  Why not make the most of this life and do it for all those other sperm that didn't make it.
                      Funny Birthday Ecard: Congratulations on being the fastest sperm in the batch!


I thought I wanted to do something absolutely, crazy, amazing, and fabulous for my birthday, but then I realized...I am already living an absolutely, crazy, amazing, and fabulous life! 
Tomorrow is a new day and I shall get my habits back on track (before I head off to BC next week!!)  Tomorrow will be ALL veggies and fruit!!  And water.  Lots and lots of water!

Date: October 9, 2013!
Current weight: dunno
Goal for the day: I hung in and around trees and abandoned houses today
What is your plan for food today? 
road food: bison jerky and protein bar
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

No comments:

Post a Comment