Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 43: The C Word

It makes us squirm when we hear it.  It makes us uncomfortable.  It causes immediate apprehension.  Women absolutely hate to hear it.  Men don't understand why we hate it so much:

Cramps.  F*ing cramps. 


So why am I bringing up this horrific and unpleasant experience?  Because within a month of eating healthy I have been healed! (imagine me saying that like a preacher....much better, right?)  I am not even joking and this may be bordering on TMI, however, since this is a science project to report my findings is a necessity and part of my journey was so that I would prevent myself from downing a bottle of Advil once a week every month.  One of the beautiful symptoms of PCOS is dreadfully painful cramping during menstruation and again, not sure if I have PCOS 100%, however I can tell you that I have passed out before due to the intensity of cramps.  I'm a strong girl, so to be taken out by something so stupid as my uterus is ridiculous. 

                        

Anyhow, this time around I still experienced cramping, but it wasn't near as severe as usual.  I can only assume that me cutting out all the crap (but mostly the starchy goodness and straight up sugar) has played a huge role in the alleviation of lady part pain.  That in itself is enough for me to cut out refined sugar for good.  Seriously.  If I don't have to subject my liver to an overdose of drugs, that would be stellar.
                                                                     

Now that we are out of the icky subject, let's move on shall we!  Today I am shooting a lovely wedding out in Richer, MB so I took Chantelle's advice and whipped up some protein pancakes.  You can find the recipe here.  This time I got a little creative because I only had chocolate protein powder, so I threw in a handful of unsweetened coconut as well so I'd have chocolate, coconut, banana pancakes! Delicious!



 So delicious.  I also paired that with some mango (they are super fresh at Safeway right now!) and got myself fed for the day!  I shall pack a bit of almonds in my camera bag to munch on as well.  I have this wedding and then one more wedding next weekend and then I shall start heading to the gym or working out because I need to get my butt moving!   Anyhow, I have to drive out to Richer now so I shall bid you adieu and wish everyone a lovely Saturday :D

Date: September 28, 2013!
Current weight: 239
Goal for the day: wedding day!
What is your plan for food today? 
breakfast: protein pancakes and mango
lunch: 1 protein pancake and almonds (while sitting in my car...)
Supper: whatevs is served :D
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

No comments:

Post a Comment