Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 2: So far, so good

So day 1 went pretty good actually!  I didn't sneak any sweets or starches and I had a ton of fun grocery shopping (I'm sure that won't last :P)  But I have never had such a variety of colors in my basket.  I stocked up on organic eggs, chicken, ground turkey, lettuce, beets, greek yogurt, celery, berries, balsamic vinegar, and kale.  I'm sure there was a bunch of other veggies in there I just can't remember every specific thing.  It was certainly interesting to see how many things have less than 5 ingredients...not very many, that's for sure.  I had a salad for lunch with my bison burger but there was no salad dressing with less than 5 ingredients....WHAT?  So, olive oil and balsamic vinegar it shall be from here on out.

Last night, I made myself a delicious salmon using a bit of sodium free soy sauce and spices, and then cooked up this swell bean trio I grabbed from Costco.  Sooo delicious.  


I then decided to finally get down to making myself some kale chips.   I've been planning on making them since I've had a Pinterest account, but this seemed like a stellar time since I would need to make something to swap out my sweet treats with.  They were pretty good, just a bit time consuming since I had to wait until the leaves were dried off.  Click here for the recipe.



Date: August 18, 2013
Weight: 248lbs (shocking!)
Goal for the day: 25 minute walk (once the storm passes)
Feeling thus far: I am feeling relatively fine.  Nothing really new to report as of yet, but it feels good when you do pass up the not so great stuff. 
Plan for food today:
B: 1 cup greek yogurt with a handful of steel cut oats and 1/2 cup of berries
S: handful of almonds
L: egg salad and apple, carrot, ginger, celery juice, leftover beans
S: apple with natural peanut butter
Su: homemade turkey chili

No comments:

Post a Comment