Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 14: The Teri Hofford Program

I have made it 2 full weeks attempting this clean eating thing and I have to say I have noticed the following thus far:

1) I have WAY more energy and less ups and downs through the day

2) I want to do more things and try new things: recipes, sports, walking, etc.

3) Weight loss and healthy eating is a good topic of conversation.  Everyone has opinions on it, everyone has struggled with it in some aspect, and everyone wants to know WHAT WORKS.

Well, let me start off by saying, I don't know what works.  I will know what works for me, but I cannot say the same for anyone else.  Too many times we want that quick fix, the magic pill, the perfect program to tell us what to do and not to do.  The thing is, if we would actually just LISTEN to our body, then that is the perfect program to tell you what to do and not to do.

For example:

When I drink milk or eat ice cream, my intestines feel like they are going to explode and makes for some VERY awkward situations.  Conclusion = don't do that.

When I eat bread or bread related products, my face looks puffier, my skin looks pasty, and I feel tired.  Conclusion = maybe cut 'er down a bit.

When I drink pop of any flavor I get immediate dull headaches, diet pop being the worst. And I don't EVER get headaches...Conclusion = just...don't.

When I eat a colorful salad with a nice grilled salmon, my taste buds AND my tummy are ridiculously happy.  Conclusion = Keep it comin'!

When I drink water continuously throughout the day, I don't get cravings.  Like, at all.  Conclusion = fill 'er up!

These are things that I have noticed in the past, but not enough to care about cutting them out or changing what I am doing.  But for this "project" I am focusing on feeling and looking my best, and I find that I don't want to give my body a reason to work harder.  I don't want to stress it out and make it sad.  I love my body.  I only have one.  I need to literally forgo my "wants" for falsely delicious treats, and really participate in the stuff that makes my tummy and organs smile.



All I know is that right now, these small changes are making a world of difference to my body and in return, to my soul.  I even shared that fabulous pancake recipe with my photoshoot peeps and Ryan's mom tonight!! They were quite impressed by the deliciousness of this easy recipe.  (Either that or we were so starved from the shoot that anything would have tasted good. Just kidding.  They are amazing.)





In addition to that, I went out for lunch prior to the photo shoot with Chrissy and my friend, Darla.  We headed to the Freehouse here in Regina and I enjoyed a mediterranean wrap with sweet potato fries (and I did indulge in the dip...) and then on the way out to the photoshoot I participated in a granola bar and apple, graciously donated by Ryan's momma.




As for exercise, we headed out to the badlands in South Saskatchewan for our photoshoot and Raylene convinced me to climb up (I only went half way) the incredible rock formations.  I was out of breath by the time I got there. But the main fact is that, I got there!

Date: August 30, 2013!

Current weight: 240 (on Ryan's mommy's scale)

Goal for the day: Climbing up the steepest hill I have ever climbed (in barefeet)

What is your plan for food today?

B: Greek yogurt with honey, a handful of blueberries,  a tbsp of chia seeds and a tbsp of oatmeal

L: mediterannean wrap with sweet potato fries

S: apple and granola bar

Su: 1 protein pancake, 2 turkey pepperoni sticks, 2 oz of cheese, and a small caprese salad

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)



How do I feel: See above.



2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job!! I can bet that by the end of your challenge you will have formed habits that will last a very long time. It really is amazing how our bodies feel when we fuel it with the good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete